CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

6/2/09

26 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

This has been another uneventful, boring week! Although your letters for you wall are finished and hung up! We also got a few other things finished in your room. All that is left is to decide on a changing table and then add a few more little things that have been purchased but not put in there yet, and we are finished!! I am also hoping to talk your daddy into getting a closet organizer system because we are out of room to hang your clothes in the closet... which is absolutely crazy, I know!

Today marks 100 days until we meet you. I would looove for you to make it the entire 100 days. We need all the time we can get so that your kidney can clear up on its own. I have to remind myself how lucky we were that we made it 21 weeks without any problems. I will never forget that day in church when I realized something was wrong. Nor will I forget your daddy and I running out of the church and going to the hospital. All I can remember from the ride was that I kept saying no, no, no over and over again. I was absolutely terrified. We waited so long for this, and I just couldn't stand the thought that it could end badly. So luckily, although it a serious complication, it has stayed stable to this point. Throw the kidney issue in on top of it, and it's just a little added stress. You are worth every bit of it, and we can't wait to hold you and be told that you are perfectly healthy. So, we pray that that happens in no less than 100 days. :)

Yesterday we told our family the names we have chosen for you. I like them more and more each day. Your daddy picked them both out, so I think it is extra special for you. Our cats are well aware that you are on your way. If I forget to close the door to your room for 30 seconds, I can guarantee that both of them will be in there sleeping next to your crib. I have also caught this a few times:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Your bassinet is awaiting its permanent home in our bedroom, and has been in the living room for a couple of weeks. Charlie has decided it's a wonderful place to nap, but also a wonderful place to hide out and then pop up to surprise Roxie. They may have a not-so-pleasant discovery when they realize the bassinet does not actually belong to them! :)

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday in Enid. By committee, we got me there and back. Because I'm not driving right now, and in order to save all of your daddy's leave time that we can, it was a marathon chauffeur day! My grandparents picked me up and took me to Medford. When my mom was finished with summer school at noon, she took me to Enid to my appointment. Everyone was asking if we had found out what I was having yet because last time I was there, we didn't know! They also wanted to know your name, so it was fun to get to tell them that, also! My mom also had an appointment, so as we were on our way there, we just happened to see Pam and Shirley. Since they were already in Enid, I ended up riding home with them to save my mom a trip here and then back home to Medford. It sounds like a long, eventful day full of switching vehicles, which it was!

We have started to see "little" bulges on my stomach where you are pushing with a hand or foot! We are anxious for our next appointment and to see how much you've changed in this short time! I'm sure it will be here before we know it!

Love,
Mommy

How your baby's growing:
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

0 comments: