CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

6/23/09

29 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

We've been pretty busy this week, but it made the week go fast! It seems hard to believe that we are just 9 weeks away from meeting you. We are excited and ready! We still have a few little things to finish before the time comes. We did get the new window put in your room. We went ahead and did it now so that we don't have to make a mess and worry about it after you are here. Now if all the other windows in the house were already changed out, that would be amazing! I know it will get finished soon, though!

We go to the doctor today. Two doctors actually. I am hoping to get some answers about my abnormal liver function tests. I will also have more labwork done. After three years of being a pin cushion, I can actually say that it doesn't phase me anymore. Having labwork done is just a part of life for me I guess. I am a little anxious about getting my IV started when you are born. We have been told that most likely the anesthesiologist will have to start it for me. I was blessed (ha!) with deep, uncooperative veins. I know it will all work out and in the grand scheme of things, the IV is just a minor blimp.

This is a big week for your daddy and I. Friday is our 5th wedding anniversary.

Photobucket

We have been through a lot of challenges in five years, some that a lot of people don't have to face until a lot later in life. When we got married we were both still in college and we were young, but we were in love and knew what we wanted. Five years later we have both finished college, your daddy has a career that he loves and I will be teaching in my "dream" position this fall. Has it been easy? Not all the time, but it has been worth it. He was my strength when I literally and physically had none, and although that is under control now, he is still my strength. He only wants what is best for he and I, and now you too. He's not afraid to stand up for his beliefs or make tough decisions with our best interests at heart.

Originally we were going to go on a big trip for this anniversary, but after a year, you finally changed those plans! So, we were then going to go on a short trip this week for our anniversary. However, since we had all the complications come up, that can't happen either! So next week we will stay over the 4th of July and have some time away from home and then go to our doctor's appointment. I would gladly cancel any plans we had or have for you, as it is definitely worth it!

I can't wait for you to meet your daddy! You are already at the center of his universe and you have not even arrived yet! I know you will be blessed by him just as I have.

Love,
Mommy

How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

0 comments: