CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

6/16/09

28 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

Another week has come and gone! Yesterday's appointment was good, however the fluid is still in your kidney. We will continue to monitor this and pray that it is gone by the time you arrive. Speaking of the time you will arrive... we only have 10 weeks left!! Because of all of the different conditions, and due the the fact that we are 2 1/2 hours (on a good traffic day) away from the hospital, your delivery will be scheduled. And yesterday, our doctor told us for the last week of August. We don't know a specific date yet, but I do know that that is only 10 weeks away! That doesn't seem like much time at all!

Also, I can start doing "normal" things again. I do not have to be "resting" all day anymore! However, I still can't do anything too strenuous, or lift anything, or over-do anything. But it will be nice to have a little bit of freedom! You weighed 2 pounds, 14 ounces yesterday. You are still measuring two weeks ahead. Your heartrate was 140. Everything but your kidney looks perfect. Also, I took the one-hour glucose screening test again. After I drank the wonderful (yea right!) tasting drink, you went crazy! This created quite the challenge for our ultrasound as you would not stay still! I have been blessed with incredibly difficult veins, and the nurse was not able to get any blood from me. So... since I had already ingested the wonderful drink, they pricked my finger to do my test that way. My number was 97, and it needed to be under 135, so no repeating the test or worrying about that again!!

We got more pictures yesterday, but you were hiding your face the entire time with your arm! I rolled on my side to try to get you to move, but that did not work! Above this post is a slideshow of your newest pictures.

I also found out that I will be able to start the out the school year. I will be there for two weeks and then start my maternity leave. This will be close to enough time to get things established and meet my students. I have some work to do this summer because I am moving classrooms and teaching an entirely new subject! All of my things have been moved, but they are nowhere near organized! Also, we (and by we, I mean your daddy) are going to paint the classroom. It was actually his idea, but I'm not going to argue with him! I just went and picked out paint samples and I'm excited to get everything finished and ready!

We bought your changing table yesterday and it is put together and in your room! Also, we got the closet system for your closet, but it's not in there yet! We have to go back to the doctor next week and then to my doctor in Enid in the afternoon of that same day! I think these next 10 weeks will probably fly by because I can actually do something now! We are anxious to meet you!

Love,


How your baby's growing:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

0 comments: