CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

6/9/09

27 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

27 Weeks! I feel like this is a major accomplishment. It doesn't seem possible that about 6 weeks ago, we were hoping for 6 more weeks, at least. Now, six weeks later, we're hoping for another 6 weeks! Our "big" goal is 32 weeks, but we'll take every week after that we can get. As of right now, it does not appear that we will be meeting you too soon. If everything stays the same, which we are trusting that it will, we look forward to meeting you in late August or early September, depending on your growth and how my doctor thinks it will be necessary to proceed.

I am working on designing a book that will have all these letters in it. I found the website and it allows me to design every aspect of the book and then it is printed and will be an actual hardback book. I am excited to see what it will look like when it is printed, and excited that we will have this book to forever read and remember this time! I know we were very fortunate to be able to experience this, and because we are not guaranteed another chance, I am glad we will be able to look back on this time and remember everything about it!

I discovered last night that Mountain Dew makes you go wild! I seldom drink it, but for some reason last night I did. You were flipping around and kicking and who knows what else for about an hour! If I ever have doubts about you moving enough, I know what will do that trick!

There are several little "friends" waiting to meet you at our house. Bruiser and Daisy are dogs and I think they are oblivious to the changes that are about to happen! Charlie is a cat, and he is oblivious as well. Those three are pretty much attached to your daddy's side at all times, so really, they could care less about what is going on with me! However, meet Roxie:

Photobucket

For the first year and a half we had her, she was miss independent. She still runs and hides behind the washer when the doorbell rings, but at any other time, she is no further than ten feet away from me. At night, if she doesn't make it under our bed (or on top of it), she will sit at the door and loudly let us know she expects to be let in. I will let her in most of the time, because I don't want to listen to it ALL night! This has only gotten progressively worse since I have been home all day, every day for nearly six weeks. She is awaiting your arrival, and there is no doubt in my mind that she knows exactly what is going on!

I have officially hit the point where sleeping "good" is no longer an option. Most nights it is hard to fall asleep before 4:00.... a.m. Then, about 4:30 p.m. comes around and it is hard to NOT fall asleep. Not being on a schedule has totally messed with my sleeping. Throw in 4-5 trips to the restroom a night, and it creates some un-restful sleeping! We go back to the doctor Monday. We have another ultrasound, and of course, we will be hoping to hear that the fluid is gone from your kidney! I will repeat the glucose screening test that I did back in March, I believe. We are hoping for the same results as last time! I am also having some issues with my liver function. Not sure when this means at this point, but the lab work I had done last week in Enid showed some issues. So, we go in two weeks to my rheumatologist and back to Enid to my doctor there for more lab (oh joy!) and appointments. We are anxiously waiting to "see" you again on Monday!

Love,
Mommy

How your baby's growing:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

0 comments: