CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

6/30/09

30 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

Not a lot has happened this last week. I have spent a lot of time in my classroom, and in the evenings, your daddy has come up there with me. I finally have all of my things organized and put away. That was no small task!! My bulletin boards are finished and you can finally see the wood on the top of my desk! Your daddy has been busy cleaning the kitchens for me, as that is not something I can do yet. This is proving to be a long process, though, as we (by we, I mean he) are only finished with one of the three. Hopefully a couple more nights will be all it takes! After that is finished, we will start painting. And again, this is something I can't do, but your daddy graciously offered to do it for me. Meanwhile, I am going to start working on lesson plans for my long-term sub. That will definitely not be exciting, although the reason I am doing it is exciting!

I feel like you have doubled in size recently! I'm sure you haven't, but it sure feels like it. You have some strange sleeping patterns just like I do right now. I definitely need to work on getting back in a routine, because I only have 6 weeks left until school starts. That doesn't even seem possible! Then, two weeks after school starts, you will make your arrival! I have more clothes to wash and put away, and I'm pretty sure you will have to change clothes about five times a day to have a shot at wearing all of them!

We are anxious to see how much you have grown when we go to the doctor Monday. We are also praying to see no fluid or dialation. We still have 8 weeks to hear that news, but hearing it next week would be wonderful! We are also ready to leave Friday and ready for the 4th of July. It hardly seems possible to me that we will meet you in less than 2 months, but we are ready!

Love,
Mommy

How your baby's growing:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

0 comments: