CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

5/27/09

25 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

We're going to start off with the good and exciting things first. Medically - my tear has not gotten any bigger, which is a praise. There is still a blood clot in my uterus. Your heart is still beating strong (149) and everything else developmentally is good. I know you aren't reading these yet, I can't wait until the day that you can, but I have been telling you for weeks now to grow, grow, grow. Well, you did. In fact, you're quite the big little baby. You are measuring almost two weeks ahead. You weighed two pounds, two ounces (could have been three ounces, I was thinking about a million things when she told us). Our doctor said he would just continue to watch and see what happens. Your daddy and I almost wonder if this isn't a blessing, because should you have to come into this world early, maybe those extra pounds will help!

Also, after my appointment but before we came home, I ran (well, not ran! walked!) into Hobby Lobby and went straight to the letters I wanted for your room got them and the other things I needed to make them! I can't wait to start them later today. I had found letters on the internet that I really wanted, however, I can't justify spending $200+ on wooden letters to hang on the wall. So, I found these and I am going to customize them and they will look almost identical for about $150 less.

We also saw my rheumatologist yesterday. Everything lupus-wise is great. That is also a praise. Because it is so unpredictable, we did not know how my body would react to you. We couldn't ask for better results! Monday night your daddy was finally able to feel you kicking! It took about an hour, because he would move his hand and I would poke my stomach and before his hand was back on there, you would kick me! But, finally.... he has felt you kicking.

Now for the not "bad" news, but things that need to be prayed about. You have fluid in one of your kidneys. We had found this out at your last appointment, but it was on our way out and our doctor didn't seem worried about it. Yesterday during our ultrasound, the fluid is still there. So, I asked questions about it. I know the explanation in my head, but not well enough to relay it on here. What I can relay is that if this does not resolve itself, there is a possibility that you will need surgery after you are born. He said that usually this will fix itself by the time babies are born. This is what we are praying for.

Also, we are praying that the bleeding will stop. It has once, but we really need it to again. We also continue to pray that the tear does not enlarge. This is very preliminary, but we received two bills from the emergency room yesterday and they are outrageous. If you know the story and what happened, I think you will agree. We probably have a long process of resolving this with the insurance company and the hospital, so we are praying for this also. I am still on bedrest, which really is no surprise. The risk is just too much for me to do anything. However, I can leave the house occassionally, so that will be a blessing! Not that I have anywhere to go, but still having the option to be out of the house once in a while is good.

To end on a good note, we got more 3D pictures yesterday. This time she also gave us a CD with the pictures on them, so that saved some time by not having to scan them! Everyone who knows my family says that you look just like a little Tanner (Uncle Tanner to you). Your daddy says you look like his baby pictures. We are going to get some of his pictures out later and compare. Here is probably the best image from yesterday:

Photobucket

A little Aaron.... or Tanner?

I have prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.
~1 Samuel 1:27

Love,
Mommy

How your baby's growing
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

0 comments: