CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

5/12/09

23 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

It hasn't quite been a week, but because we are going to the doctor on Monday's now, I will start doing this sooner in the week. I have been busy all morning putting grades into the computer so that in a couple of weeks I am not rushing to finish before I have to have them turned in!

Yesterday I finally got to leave the house!! We had to go back to Oklahoma City to see our doctor. We had a pretty long appointment -- it always takes a little longer while we wait to move into an ultrasound room, and then the ultrasound itself takes a while! It's always worth the wait, and it's always fun to see you! Yesterday you were quite contrary! Your hands were up covering your face almost the entire time! The ultrasound tech that we had yesterday switched it over to 3D several different times. We could see your arms covering your face and then finally, once, you moved them just long enough that she could get a good picture in 3D. We have about 5 pictures in 3D, so that is exciting! We got a regular picture of your foot and also one of your hand spread out where we can see your fingers!

After the tech does the ultrasound, our doctor always comes in the looks for another 10-15 minutes. The good news we got yesterday is that the tear has not gotten any bigger. Also, your Uncle Tanner graduates from 6th grade on Thursday, and we do get to go to that! The bad news is that there is still a blood clot inside of my uterus and I am still on bedrest. However, I was very happy that the situation did not get any worse. I want you to stay in there as long as possible, and keeping the tearing to a minimum is extremely important!

Our doctor told your daddy to take me to eat and go a couple of places before I had to go back home and do nothing!! So...we went to eat at P.F. Changs - one of our favorite places. I also wanted to look at some bedding in person, as I have just been shopping online. Your daddy had a completely different idea than what I had been looking at. While in the store, he found a set that he really liked. I just happened to look in a different part of the store and found another set that was the same theme, but I liked it a little bit more. Turns out, so did he, so we went ahead and bought it and all the other accessories that go with it for your room! I am so excited. He has big, big plans after the room is painted and ready. I can't wait to see what he does to it!

After a really long day, we left to come home. The entire three hours in the car were spent trying to decide on a name! We had picked about five names that we both liked. Then, I remembered a name I had not told him yet. When I said that name, he immediately liked it, as it starts with the letter he had really hoped to use. It is also significant in another way, too. So, we said this name with your other name and our last name and I am almost 100% positive this is the name we are using. Unless, of course, when you are born we totally change our minds. But I think this one could be the one!

So much has happened in the last few days, although it seems like it is going so slow! I'm excited to have everything picked out and am hoping that your daddy and my mom can get quite a bit organized and ready for your room. I still am not supposed to do much of anything, so working on your room is out for now. I'm also excited about your name and I think it will be perfect! I am anxious for Tanner's graduation Thursday, and then we won't go back to the doctor for two weeks! We will keep praying that things will stay the same!

Love,
Mommy

How your baby's growing:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

0 comments: