CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

11/28/10

Long three weeks...

Oh, sweet boy. You have had a rough time the last couple of weeks. It started out with you getting the stomach virus that was going around. You were throwing up so, so much. Then, I thought we had gotten over it, and it reared its ugly head again. You had a second and third round of it. Also, your daddy had the virus two of the days that you did. I stayed home with you two days and two half-days. After the weekend, I was convinced we were illness-free. Then last Tuesday evening you were acting pretty cranky. You woke up at about 4:15 Wednesday morning and I knew just by feeling you that you had a fever. We got out the thermometer, and sure enough, you did. I called your grandma and she went to the school and got stuff around so she could come stay with you.

Wednesday while you were home, we kept your fever down with tylenol and ibuprofen. It finally stayed down Thursday morning, so you went back to daycare. Friday you were fine also. Then comes Saturday morning, when you woke up with a rash on your face. I really didn't think much of it, but Sunday morning you woke up with the rash all over your tummy and back. I was still hoping it was nothing, but you couldn't go to daycare without seeing a doctor first. Monday morning your daddy got up early and took you to the doctor in Cherokee. They diagnosed you with Fifth's Disease. However, by the time the rash appears, it is no longer contagious. So, back to daycare you went. Wednesday started Thanksgiving Break, so you got to stay home a little more.

Finally, three weeks later, and I think we're all better. I'm pretty sure there are some teeth coming through again, though, as you have been drooling like crazy. Your nose is also running pretty steadily. You haven't truly eaten in almost a month. When you would try to eat, it would just come back up. I'm hoping that soon you will start eating again.

One night while you were sick and throwing up, your daddy was eating sopapilla cheesecake. You were sitting with him and gave him the funniest looks while he was eating in front of you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thursday we went to your grandma and grandpa's house for Thanksgiving. We had a small one this year, with only my grandparents, my parents, and Tanner. It was good to be with our family, though, and they all loved spending time with you.

And, after almost 16 months, we finally left you overnight for the first time. Well, I did, I guess. You've been away from your daddy, but not me. You stayed with your grandma and grandpa and Uncle Tanner Friday night. Your daddy and I just went out to eat for his birthday and finally slept ALL NIGHT! You did not sleep all night, though. You were wide awake from 1-5 a.m. You normally wake up at home at about 1:00 and will not go back to sleep unless you are with me. We've tried and tried to break it, but so far we've had no luck. I keep hoping that one day we'll turn over a new leaf and you will finally be a good sleeper.

We have a big week with ballgames and then Saturday you'll be going to watch a state championship football game! I'm so glad you are feeling better and I'm looking forward to being home with you for Christmas break!

0 comments: