CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

7/21/09

33 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

Nurse Jodi (who we absolutely LOVE -- you will too!) gave you a gold star yesterday! You did so good during the non-stress test. In fact, she said my strip would have passed at 37 weeks, so at 32w4d, it was amazing! Your daddy and my mom were in the room while I was hooked to the monitors, and we all got to listen to your heartbeat and your little (BIG) kicks! Since my doctor was next door doing a c-section, I stayed hooked up for about 40 minutes instead of 20!

We didn't end up having an ultrasound yesterday because of the c-section my doctor was doing. We had to wait a little while longer because it took a little longer than expected. He told us everything looks good and because we are so far away from his office, instead of seeing me twice a week, which is what I would normally go to now, we are just going once a week until delivery. Unless, of course, something changes. We tentatively set the date for your delivery! 5 weeks away! It seems soooo close! Monday we will have another NST, and an ultrasound. During this ultrasound we will probably decide if I need to have a c-section. He was a little more optimistic yesterday that a normal delivery may be possible, but no promises. We will see what my placenta looks like on Monday. We will of course be hoping for no fluid and we will also look to see how big you are, as that could affect the delivery method.

We finished a couple of more things in your room, and we are closer each and every day to being finished! I am off to the doctor again today. Sometimes it seems that my life revolves around running to the doctor! Next week I have two appointments again! Lots and lots of driving and lots and lots of co-pays!

Love,
Mommy

How your baby's growing:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

0 comments: