CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

7/14/09

32 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

I suppose I could start calling you by name, but after 32 weeks, why change now? That's right! It has been 32 weeks!! This is our "magic" number. My rheumatologist has been waiting for it, as have we. Well, I was waiting for 30, but 32 is even better. Now we have 6 more weeks until you join us. That doesn't seem like much time at all. I feel like we have so much left to do, although we really don't. If you came today (don't even think about it!) we would be prepared, but there's just a few little things I want to finish before we bring you home. I really should get those finished because school starts in 4 weeks. That doesn't seem possible, but it does!!

Saturday you must have been a little tired. You did not move much at all. I would start to get worried and I would ask God to please let me know you were okay. Within ten minutes I would feel you. It's amazing how He takes care of our smallest needs. I guess you were just resting up, because Sunday and Monday you were a wild man! Almost constant movement from the time I was awake until I went to sleep, and I imagine while I was asleep too! I am such a worrier it seems, and I shouldn't be, but it is hard. We waited so long for you that I just can't imagine something going wrong. Your kidney issues are enough for my heart to handle right now!

Remember this cute, precious, sweet, neverdoesanythingwrong, cat:

Photobucket

who was oblivious to your arrival? Well, I have changed my mind. I walked into the bedroom where my closets are last week, and my shoes were EVERYWHERE. Mr. Neverdoesanythingwrong just became Mr. Ilovetoeatflipflops. Not just one or two pair, but every single pair I own. He did not discriminate between the $3 Old Navy ones and the $25 Nike ones. He just couldn't be bothered with such nonsense. Apparently, a flip flop is appetizing to him regardless of the price. If he wasn't so cute, I'd be angry. I wasn't happy, but I can't say I got angry. In the four years we have had him, this is the first time he's done something like this. I am chalking it up to your impending arrival, and I can no longer say he has no clue! Ha!

And remember this sweet darling who is attached to my hip:

Photobucket

She is now literally attached to my hip. Whenever I am laying down, she is right there with her head and front two paws resting on my stomach. I'm secretly hoping you will kick one of these days when she is there, just to see her reaction!

I'm anxious for my NST on Monday, and hoping everything goes well. We'll also get to see how much weight you have gained in the last two weeks! We plan to tour the hospital we are delivering in in between my appointments, so I'm ready for that!

Love,
Mommy

How your baby's growing:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

0 comments: