CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

8/5/09

35 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

We are anxiously awaiting your arrival in just over three weeks. It's hard to believe that it is that close! Well under 30 days!

Today was the first time your daddy did not go with me to the doctor. He is trying to save his leave so that he can be home for a while after you are here. My mom and brother came along instead. My doctor was on vacation, so I was just having the NST done and then the other doctor in the practice checked it. Well.....for a few minutes I was about convinced you were coming today! You kept moving from the monitors, which wasn't a huge problem. The problem was you only had one acceleration, and they really needed to see more. The nurses at one point asked me if I was pre-admitted to the hospital. That was a little nerve-racking! I was about ready to call your daddy and tell him to head out...but they pulled out their "tool" that buzzes and stimulates the baby. This is the first time they've had to use it for us, but it did the trick. It woke you up and got the accelerations we needed! The second time they buzzed you, you kicked HARD right where the buzzer was pressed into my stomach. It seems you didn't appreciate it, so next week, if you could be awake during this process, it will save me from almost freaking out and yourself from being "buzzed"!

Your room is completely ready for you to come home! And your bassinet has moved to its home in our bedroom. I start school next week, so I have lots to keep me busy! Our shower is this weekend, and we are looking forward to seeing our friends and family!

After a long, long day of driving, I arrived home to find this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

You see, Mr. Ieatflipflops and I have been going round and round for two weeks over this plant. He believes it is his to play in, on, and around, and I do not. I am usually here most of the day to keep him out of it. Of course, today I left early in the morning and got home late in the evening. This turned out to be the ideal time for him to completely flatten the poor plant. When I get some energy back tomorrow, I will try to revive it!

And this girl is anxiously waiting for you to come home (in barely over 3 weeks - have I mentioned that yet?!?):

Photobucket

When I woke up this morning I found her on top of our 6-foot chest inside of a basket of clean laundry that I was entirely too exhausted to fold and put away last night. I'm so glad it could be put to good use...ha!

We can't wait to meet you and bring you back to this crazy life we call ours!

Love,
Mommy

How your baby's growing:
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

0 comments: