CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

3/19/09

15 Weeks

Dear Baby G,

This week has gone so fast! I'm sad that my spring break is almost over, but then again, I am excited because we are that much closer to learning if you are a boy or a girl. I still have only had dreams that you are a boy. I am planning on working on your room tomorrow. I bought the first piece of furniture for your room today. I was in Oklahoma City with my mom and we found a chest that will be perfect for you. I'm going to do a few things to it to make it fit the room more. Those things will come after we know if you are a boy or a girl, though. I would have bought your crib today, too, but we just didn't have room because the chest is so big! Your daddy and I will be going back very soon to buy your crib! I'm excited for that, too!

I took the one-hour gestational diabetes test last week when I was at the doctor. They have a "no news is good news" policy.... and we haven't heard a thing. So, we're assuming that it is good news and that everything was fine!! We have cleared so many hurdles already that a lot of people don't understand. I am thankful each and everyday for how smoothly things are going. I am getting my energy back and I haven't been quite as nauseous lately. I will deal with it for another 5 months if I have to, though. Whatever I have to go through to get you will be more than worth it. I have given myself 78 shots since I found out I was pregnant. When I see a needle it's like second nature to me now. That is good, since I have about 200 more shots to give myself! Overall, we have had a stress-free, problem-free, blessed pregnancy. I have faith that it will continue that way! You are growing so fast, and it is very exciting!

Love,
Mommy




How your baby's growing:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

0 comments: